Specimen Well Resource
The Specimen Well gold deposit is located 44km north of the historic Gidgee mill. The current Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate for the Specimen Well deposit is 0.36Mt @ 2.0g/t Au for 23,000oz (Table A). The deposit is currently just over 170m long, 5 to 25m wide and has not been previously mined.
Gold mineralisation occurs in quartz veined, talc-tremolite-chlorite schist and quartz feldspar porphyry on a sheared mafic / sediment contact. Mineralisation strikes north-northeast, is sub-vertical to steeply west dipping, displays a steep south plunge, and remains open to the north and down plunge to the south (Figures 13 and 14).
Significant intersections (>30 Au gram x metres) from the deposit include:
- 11.0m @ 10.7g/t Au from 42.0m (SWRC040)
- 25.0m @ 4.3g/t Au from 33.0m (SWAC075)
- 37.0m @ 2.6g/t Au from 23.0m (SWAC063)
- 34.0m @ 2.4g/t Au from 33.0m (SWAC079)
- 14.0m @ 4.5g/t Au from 43.0m (SWRC080)
- 18.0m @ 2.8g/t Au from 57.0m (SWAC064)
- 9.0m @ 5.0g/t Au from 31.0m (SWRC099)
- 16.0m @ 2.3g/t Au from 89.0m (SWRC082)
- 5.0m @ 6.5g/t Au from 91.0m (SWRC095)
- 7.0m @ 4.5g/t Au from 5.0m (SWRC083)
(0.5g/t Au lower cut-off, max. 3m internal waste, refer to Horizon Gold Ltd ASX announcement dated 15 February 2021)
 Refer to Horizon Gold Ltd ASX announcement dated 12 July 2019, “Mineral Resources as at 30 June 2019”. CP’s: J.Hicks & R.Buerger.
Exploration drilling is targeting strike and depth extensions to existing mineralisation with the aim of increasing the current MRE.
Figure 1: Specimen Well long section showing gold intercept gram x metre pierce points and interpreted plunging high-grade gold shoots.
Figure 2: Specimen Well cross section (7026920N) showing mineralised envelope and significant intercepts.
Refer to Horizon Gold Ltd ASX announcement dated 15 February 2021, “Gum Creek Geological Review”. CPs L.Ryan, M.Gunther, D.Archer.