Heron South Resource
The Heron South deposit is located 15km south-southeast of the historic Gidgee mill and has previously been mined by open cut methods. The current MRE for the Heron South deposit is 1.14Mt @ 2.2g/t Au for 80,000oz .
The Heron South deposit is currently over 600m long and hosted by a north-south striking, steep easterly dipping shear zone within basalt and minor interflow sediments. Gold mineralisation is associated with quartz-carbonate-pyrite-arsenopyrite-pyrrhotite veining within strongly silica-sericite-carbonate altered basalt. High grade lodes display shallow to moderate north and shallow south plunges (Figures 17 and 18). The mineralisation remains open along strike to the north and south and at depth down dip and down plunge.
Significant intersections (>40 Au gram x metres) from the Heron South deposit include:
- 14.0m @ 5.5g/t Au from 95.0m (HRC265)
- 15.0m @ 3.7g/t Au from 123.0m (HRC521)
- 14.0m @ 3.8g/t Au from 102.0m (HRC535)
- 8.0m @ 8.1g/t Au from 146.0m (HRC501)
- 20.0m @ 2.3g/t Au from 40.0m (HRC359)
- 2.0m @ 41.9g/t Au from 123.0m (HRC516)
- 9.0m @ 5.5g/t Au from 107.0m (HRC381)
- 10.0m @ 4.4g/t Au from 129.0m (HRC505)
- 8.0m @ 5.4g/t Au from 29.0m (HRC094)
- 4.0m @ 10.2g/t Au from 76.0m (HRC288)
(0.5g/t Au lower cut-off, maximum 3m internal waste – refer to Horizon Gold Limited ASX Announcement dated 15 February 2021)
 Refer to Horizon Gold Ltd ASX announcement dated 12 July 2019, “Mineral Resources as at 30 June 2019”. CP’s: J.Hicks & R.Buerger.
Figure 1: Heron South Long Section
Figure 2: Heron South Cross Section (6969100N)